Monday, November 16, 2009

I am jumping on the burlap bandwagon.


I really love all of the burlap projects out there, lately I have been creating some of my own. The only thing that I don't like about sewing with burlap is the fibers. My nose gets so itchy as I play with it. I have started wearing an apron and throwing it in the washer as soon as I finish and this seems to help a little.

My latest favorite project is burlap magnet boards. I love the texture of the burlap, with the convenience of the magnet board.

I created this one with its coordinating magnets after seeing some on blogs, (sorry I don't remember whose) I really wanted cute buttons to embellish the magnets, but I needed to use what I already had. In came the embossing powder and stamps. I love the way it turned out.

(If you would like one, but don't have the time to make it yourself, I have listed some for same in my etsy shop-- warmandwelcoming.etsy.com)

2 comments: